BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching and Performance
Burnley FC in the Community are excited to launch an exciting new course in partnership with Nelson and Colne College.
This programme provides a positive environment that engages independent student learning and develops transferable skills relevant to employment in the sport coaching and performance industry.
It will develop your academic knowledge and practical application of sport coaching and performance studies through a flexible and innovative learning environment.
|Delivered at||Accrington & Rossendale College University Centre|
|Start Date||September 2023|
|Cost||£9000 Year 1|
what will i learn?
• Introduction to Coaching
• Personal and Professional Development
• Introduction to Psychology
• Coaching Pedagogy
• Anatomy and Exercise Physiology
• Introduction to Research Methods
• Applied Issues in Sports Development and Society
• Career Focused Professional Development
• Psychological Issues in Professional Sport
• Coaching Skills Project
• Physiology of Strength and Conditioning Exercise
• Research Development
• Sports Policies and Agendas
• Applied Sport Psychology
• Applied Strength and Conditioning
• Professional Development and Practice
• Research Project
HOW WILL THE COURSES BE ASSESSED?
Teaching and learning will comprise a combination of formal lectures, small group seminars, discussion forums, one to one tutorials, computer based learning and practical laboratory or coaching sessions.
- 96 UCAS points from A Levels or BTEC National Diploma
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or equivalent.
- A recognised Access to HE Diploma
- Mature students who do not have prior academic qualifications in relevant subjects, but have work/ life experience may also be considered on an individual basis.