CertHE Sport Coaching and
Burnley FC in the Community are excited to launch an exciting new course in partnership with Nelson and Colne College, endorsed by Liverpool John Moors University!
This course is ideal for those looking to enhance their sports knowledge, experience and advance their career opportunities. This qualification can be a standalone Level 4 qualification which gives students their first step into the field of Sport Coaching and Performance, but it can also lead on to the full BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching and Performance degree.
|Delivered at||Accrington & Rossendale College University Centre|
|Start Date||Sep 2023|
|Cost||Full-Time £9000 Year 1 / Part-Time £4500 Year 1|
what does the programme involve?
- You will shadow coaches on projects and community activities including disability sport, walking football, health provisions, the community kitchen and school provision.
- You will take part in wide-ranging active work experience with Burnley FC in the Community.
- You will experience a blend of academic study with real-world experience.
- Completion of the FA Level 1 Coaching Award.
- Participate in the National Football Youth League.
- Under 19’s and 23’s Football Youth League, football training session three times a week, including strength and conditioning sessions and match analysis of Burnley Football Club Training and Match Day Kits are also provided.
How will the courses be assessed?
Teaching and learning will comprise a combination of formal lectures, small group seminars, discussion forums, one to one tutorials, computer based learning and practical laboratory or coaching sessions.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their ability to cope with and benefit from the programme. Their suitability can be demonstrated either through previous educational achievement or through experience and aptitude.
Admission by prior qualification will normally require a minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points.