Participants and parents: Code of conduct
Code of Conduct
In order to create a fun and safe environment during our Activity Camps Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) Participants, Parents and Guardians are expected to follow the Code of Conduct below.
- Respect each other
- Respect the coaches
- Respect the environment/ equipment
- Be gracious and accept success and failure, victory and defeat equally
BFCitC Coaches will discuss the Code of Conduct with the Participants and what they think/understand each of the bullet points to mean.
Yellow Card/Red Card Behavioural System
In breach of the above, participants will be issued either a red or yellow card dependant on the severity of their behaviour. Participants will receive 2 yellow cards (warnings) before receiving a red on receipt of their 3rd warning. Parents/guardians will be informed at each warning and incident report will be completed. Yellow cards can accumulate over a period of 5 days before resetting to nil on day 6. Red card dismissal will be discussed on a case by case basis with a minimum ban of 5 days.
In breach of the above Parents/guardians will be issued with a red or yellow card dependant on the severity of their behaviour. Parents/guardians will only receive 1 yellow card (warning) before receiving a red on receipt of their 2nd warning. Yellow cards can accumulate over a period of 5 days before resetting to nil on day 6. Red card dismissal will be discussed on a case by case basis with a minimum ban of 5 days.
BFCitC will most definitely recognise good behaviour with end of week certificates and prizes e.g. player/star of the week.
Listed below are examples (including but not limited to) of what constitutes both Yellow and Red Cards.
Participants (please note participants will receive 2 yellow cards)
- Swearing or foul language
- Not adhering to rules of games/activities
- Not adhering to coaches instructions
- Not respecting equipment or the facilities
Parents/guardians (please note parents only receive 1 yellow card)
- Verbal abuse towards staff and other parents, onsite or over the phone
Participants (After 2 yellow cards, a 3rd warning equals a red)
Instances below will result in a straight red card:
- Unprovoked physical contact, including but not limited to punching, kicking, use of equipment and resulting in injury
- Flight risk – in the event of the child intentionally attempting to leave site
Parents/guardians (After 1 yellow card, a second equals a red)
– Physical abuse to staff members or other parents/guardians with regards to Activity camps
*BFCitC reserve the right to amend the code of conduct as and when necessary