Premier League Inspires Challenge
We’d like to welcome you to the new Premier League Inspires Challenge which was previously known as the Premier League Enterprise Challenge.
INSPIRING YOUNG PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL
This brings a fantastic new format where the focus is on youth social action on the theme of ‘Playing our part in protecting our planet’. This is an exciting national competition for young people in Key Stage 3 & 4. The Challenge offers BFCitC a great opportunity to engage with local schools and young people who are already partner schools and already involved in the Core PL Inspires Programme.
We’ll work with PL Inspires cohorts to develop ideas and propose a project via a ‘club heat’. The winning idea will receive a small grant (from PL) to support the group in bringing it to life. In order to celebrate every project, all 30 Club Community Organisations delivering PL Inspires will be invited to a ‘final’ celebration event in London where a range of winners will be chosen.
As part of the Premier League Inspires Challenge and working with the PFA and the PL Education department, Burnley FC scholars will be giving up their time to support this project. This could be at the club heat as judges, visiting and supporting the project planning, delivery, promo video to challenge groups.
The Premier League and BFCitC will:
- Ensure that children and young people feel inspired and engaged;
- Enhance the wellbeing of children and young people;
- Improve children and young peoples’ personal and practical skills and awareness of business and careers;
- Support participants engagement using the theme of football and sport to improve their attitude, relationships and behaviour to increase the ability to achieve their goals;
- Increase participants confidence, self-esteem, teamwork and communication skill;
- Support schools and alternative educational establishments to keep pupils present and committed, whilst encouraging others to re-engagement with school life;
- Support participants in/into training, education and employment opportunities;
- Create opportunities for students to give back to their school and/or local communities.
How does it work?
The Premier League tasks students to come up with a social action project on the theme of ‘Playing our part in protecting our planet’.
Working with teams
BFCitC will deliver guided learning to help teams respond to the brief.
BFCitC selects one team to represent the club at the final celebration event.
Final Celebration Event
The PL Inspires Challenge Social Action Project are celebrated.
Who can take part?
Each team should consist of up to (but not exceed) five participants from one or more of school years in Key Stage 3 & 4 and be in full-time learning.
All participating students must have completed the Premier League Inspires Programme, or be in the process of completing.
Dates & Structures
The Inspires Challenge will consist of three workshops and a Club Heat Final all full days held at Turf Moor (or other BFCitC Facilities), followed by Delivery of Winning Social Action Project and National Celebration Event.
Premier League Inspires Challenge Launched – September
Workshop 1: Planning/Support – September
Workshop 2: Planning/Support – October
Workshop 3: Planning/Support – November
Club Heat Final – December
Delivery of Winning Social Action Project – January to March (Committing to two full days per month)
National Celebration Event (in London) – April
To enquire about our School Programmes, please click the button below:
If you have any questions, please contact our Education Manager at Burnley FC in the Community: