|Job vacancy:||Casual Coach / Youth Worker|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£Competitive hourly rates plus holiday pay, |
Subsidised gym membership.
|Contract type:||Zero Hours/Casual|
|Location:||Various locations across Burnley and Pendle|
|How to apply:||Download application form here|
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Casual Coach/Youth Worker.
Reporting to the Kicks Coordinator/Disability Sport Project Coordinator/Youth Services Manager the Coach/Youth Worker will be expected to:
- To engage, inspire and empower young people to reach their full potential.
- To deliver high-quality sessions that engage, enthuse and progress young people.
- To support the development and delivery of high-quality, impactful sport and youth engagement sessions in areas of high need across Burnley and Pendle and the wider East Lancashire area.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Hold relevant professional qualifications in Sports Coaching and/or Level 2 Youth Work.
- Experience of working with young people.
- An understanding and passion for improving opportunities for disadvantaged people and under-represented groups or individuals in our communities.
- An understanding of young people’s risks, challenges and needs.
- An understanding of Safeguarding procedures.
- A passion for the community and making a difference.
- Knowledge of the Burnley and East Lancashire area as well as its diverse communities.
- Experience of working with hard to reach young people.
- A background of Youth Work (e.g. Youth Offending Team).
- Youth Offending Team of similar background.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form (alternative format available upon request).
BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.