|Job vacancy:||Casual Facilities Assistant|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£Competitive hourly rates plus holiday pay Free parking|
|Contract type:||Casual/Zero Hours|
|Location:||The Leisure Box, Northlight, Glen Way, Brierfield, BB9 5NH|
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Casual Facilities Assistant.
Reporting to the Duty Manager, the Casual Facilities Assistant will be expected to:
- Provide a warm, friendly, and efficient welcome to customers, check them in, answer their queries, and direct them to the appropriate location.
- Be a contact point for customers, wherever you are deployed.
- Give customers accurate information about the Leisure Box, and its activities, face to face, and over the phone providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Undertake regular building checks to ensure that high standards of cleanliness are being maintained and carry out reactive cleaning duties to support our cleaning team.
- Ensure that equipment for bookings is set up in good time.
- Serve customers on the café counter.
- Act as a Party Host: Ensure that parties are run to schedule, encourage a party atmosphere including organising cutting of the cake, singing happy birthday, serving of food, etc.
- Assist the Climbing Instructor on Clip n Climb sessions.
- Adhere to and help enforce all Health and Safety standards, centre rules, regulations, and policies.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience of working in a busy customer facing environment.
- Good IT skills.
- Previous experience of working in a leisure centre.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.