|Detached Youth Worker
|Remuneration + benefits:
28 days holidays (including bank holidays) [pro rata for part-time contracts]
Long service holidays
Death in service benefit
Employee Assistance Program
Free access to health and wellbeing services
Access to store discounts/cashback
BFC retail store discount
Subsidised home matchday tickets
|Part Time – 11 hours per Week [ over 3 or 4 days] Fixed Term until 31st December 2023
|Various locations across Burnley and Padiham
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
Burnley FC in the Community are looking to recruit experienced, motivated, and committed Youth Workers who are passionate about establishing and maintaining positive relationships with young people across Burnley and Padiham. Applicants must be individuals who are experienced, committed and innovative youth workers who bring creativity, energy, and strong youth engagement skills to supporting young people’s development.
Reporting to the PL Kicks Manager the Detached Youth Worker will be expected to:
- Engage, inspire and empower young people to reach their full potential.
- Deliver high-quality sessions that engage, enthuse and progress young people.
- Flexible application of working hours predominantly operates outside core daytime working hours.
- Establish boundaries and challenge inappropriate behaviour during group-based programme delivery.
- Develop a relationship with young people based on respect and trust, ensuring they have a safe place to develop their identity and place in society.
- Work alongside and support Lancashire County Council staff to deliver programmes related to the needs of young people.
- To attend any training identified as necessary by your line manager as part of your personal development programme.
- To adhere to the Club’s policies at all time, with particular emphasis on Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety and Child Protection.
- To report any behaviour, conversations or comments which are inappropriate within a setting for children and young people.
- Understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Work towards agreed objectives.
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Willingness to attend training courses to enhance own professional development.
- Always demonstrate the Charity’s values.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Level 2 Qualification in Youth Work (or working towards)
- A background of Youth work
- An understanding and passion for improving opportunities for disadvantaged people and under- represented groups or individuals in our communities.
- An understanding of young people’s risks, challenges and needs.
- An understanding of safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent organisation, time management prioritisation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire others.
How to apply
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form
Burnley FC in the Community are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.