|Job vacancy:||Casual SEND Coach|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£Competitive hourly rates plus holiday pay |
Subsidised gym membership
|Contract type:||Casual/Zero Hours|
|Location:||Various locations across Burnley and Pendle|
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a passionate and motivated coach to support our Limitless Clarets programme.
Reporting to the PL Kicks Manager, the SEND Coach will be expected to:
- Engage, inspire and empower young people to reach their full potential.
- Deliver high-quality sessions that engage, enthuse and progress young people.
- Support the development and delivery of high-quality, impactful sports and youth engagement and including, sensory engagement sessions in areas of high need across Burnley and Pendle and the wider East Lancashire area.
- Understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Provide inclusive and accessible opportunities for young people with either, Special Educational Need, impairments and/or disabilities
- Be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- Work towards agreed objectives.
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Willingness to attend training courses to enhance own professional development.
- Always demonstrate the Charity’s values.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification related to children or young people.
- Experience working with young people with Special Educational Needs, impairments and/or disabilities.
- An understanding and passion for improving opportunities for disadvantaged people and under- represented groups or individuals in our communities.
- An understanding of young people’s risks, challenges and needs.
- An understanding of safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent organisation, time management prioritisation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire others
How to apply
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form
Burnley FC in the Community are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.